Paul Hartman wrote:
On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 5:40 PM, kashani <kashani-l...@badapple.net> wrote:
kash...@www01 ~ $ emerge -pvt bugzilla
These are the packages that would be merged, in reverse order:
Calculating dependencies... done!

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "~dev-lang/perl-5.10.1".
(dependency required by "perl-core/Module-Build-0.35" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "dev-perl/DateTime-TimeZone-0.98" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "www-apps/bugzilla-3.4.1-r1" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "bugzilla" [argument])

       I don't see anything in man emerge that would help me track down the
missing dependency. Is there any easy way to do this or do I have to track
it down the Modeule-Build dependency tree which looks to be the culprit.

kashani

What version of bugzilla are you trying to emerge? That perl is newer
than any I see in my portage. Are you using an overlay?
www-apps/bugzilla-3.4.1-r1 seems to emerge fine and works with perl
5.8 here.

I'm trying to get bugzilla-3.4.1-r1 (or 3.4.1) to work which is just ~x86 and not any overlay. I'm planning to update a system in Nov and wanted to play with the latest build at home. Mostly interested in 3.4.1 since the API is a bit newer and not completely backwards compatible. Has a few nice things in it though.

Module-Build-0.35 doesn't seem to require perl 5.10 in the ebuild so it must be a dependency of a dependency. Same in DateTime-TimeZone. I'd like portage to tell me where the dependency tree is breaking, ie which package is asking for perl-5.10, so I can mask or futz with the ebuild for that package appropriately.

kashani