kashani wrote:
> Dale wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I recently got DSL and youtube is growing on me.  LOL  I been trying to
>> find a really good hard drive that is around 400 to 500Gb and pretty
>> fast.  It has to be a IDE drive, you know, the big wide cables.  I don't
>> have SATA on this rig.
>>
>> I have a Maxtor that I like and is pretty fast but it appears they are a
>> little hard to find nowadays.  In matter of importance:  size, price,
>> speed.  Newegg is great but will consider others as well.
>>
>> Thanks for any pointers.  Open to ideas.
>
> SATA PCI card should be < $20. I'd then go with a SATA II drive.
>
> kashani

I been looking at these cards on newegg.  I haven't had a SATA drive
before and confess I don't know a lot about them.  They are faster and
have little bitty cables.  I'm looking at this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816124003

I notice that it has two internal and two external connectors.  Can I
assume that the "eSATA" means external or is that something else?

Also while I have the link and you are most likely looking at it, is
this a good fast card?  It appears to be a pretty recent revision since
it also says SATA II.

Thanks for the help.

Dale

:-)  :-)