On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 00:37:58 +0000
Nick Khamis <sym...@gmail.com> wrote:

[don't top-post, please]

> On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 11:33 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann <
> volkerar...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Montag 28 September 2009, Nick Khamis wrote:
> > > Hello Everyone I am new to gentoo, usually I use Debian. I have a
> > > fresh install x86 2.6.30 kernel and I was trying to get
> > > Ultramonkey going on
> > the
> > > box. I looking for the equivilant to the following deb packages
> > > for
> > Gentoo
> > > please
> > >
> > > * libdbi-perl

dev-perl/DBI

... is dbi-perl

> > > * libdbd-mysql-perl

* dev-perl/DBD-mysql

so, just: emerge [-pv] dev-perl/DBD-mysql, which needs what it needs:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild  N    ] dev-db/mysql-init-scripts-1.2  0 kB
[ebuild  N    ] virtual/perl-Sys-Syslog-0.27  0 kB
[ebuild  N    ] dev-perl/Net-Daemon-0.43  28 kB
[ebuild  N    ] sys-apps/ed-1.0  67 kB
[ebuild  N    ] dev-perl/PlRPC-0.2020-r1  18 kB
[ebuild  N    ] dev-perl/DBI-1.601  484 kB
[ebuild  N    ] dev-db/mysql-5.0.70-r1  USE="berkdb perl ssl
-big-tables -cluster -debug -embedded -extraengine -latin1 -max-idx-128
-minimal (-selinux) -static" 28,028 kB [ebuild  N    ]
virtual/mysql-5.0  0 kB [ebuild  N    ] dev-perl/DBD-mysql-4.00.5  120
kB

and check the use flags... if it looks good, let it rip!

> > > * libmysqlclient14-dev

Well, I think Gentoo is different, in that you always get the required
development libs, say to build DBD::mysql. (If not, there's something
wrong with the ebuild.) I think dev-db/mysql-community is the server
part of mysql, but not sure.

> > > If you feel that there is anything else I need to know about
> > > getting Ultramonkey working on Gentoo please let me know.

No idea about ultramonkey, but HTH.

> Hello Gentlemen,
>
> Thank you for your responses, I do apologize for the inconvenience.
> So all I have to do is modify /etc/make.conf by adding mysql and
> emerge libdbi. I do not need to install mysql server, this machine
> only needs mysqlclient. Thanks again for your help.
>
> Nick

You may have to add 'perl' to make.conf. Just --pretend your emerge and
have a look... good luck!

-- Michael Higgins