Cinder schrieb:
What is the NIC in the box where eth0 isn't showing up?
Intel Corporation 82547EI Gigabit Ethernet Controller
Is the driver in your kernel?
No. It's a module (e1000) and I watched it compile. I tried a static driver as
well.

lspci say's http://pastebin.com/md3578a6

I deleted etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules and rebooted. Now there's a
message that loading module e1000 failed, and still device eth0 does not exist
as well as device eth1 does not exits, but there are symlinks in /etc/init.d
for both.

Hm, is it a pci-express device? - then just try to use e1000e module.

If the driver loads w/o problems you should see the device after:
/sbin/ifconfig -a

Steffen