On Sep 30, 2009, at 7:46 AM, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:

Am Mittwoch, 30. September 2009 schrieb Peter Humphrey:
Hello list,

I think I saw a statement on this list that it's possible to set a
different wallpaper on each desktop in kde-4.3.1, but now I can't find it,
and I can't see how to do it either.

Is it really possible to do this?

You need to create an activity for each desktop and set the wallpaper within
the activities.

Here's what I did which seems to work nicely:

Created an auto hide panel centered on top edge.

Added the activity bar widget to this panel.

Create Activity (cashew, Zoom Out, alt-D alt-A, then select setup (wrench icon) (you may have to grab and scroll the desktop to see the commands) and name the activity. You can also set the background here.

Use the Activity Bar to select another activity. Note, the first time after adding an activity, the activity bar has a bug where it will show the names for all of the activities, but will draw n-1 buttons. Just click on one button then the activity bar will be correct.

Now on any activity, you can right click the desktop and choose Desktop Settings, then change the background.

HTH,
Roy