Just upgraded X.Org X Server from 1.5.3 to 1.6.3.901 and all is not
well.

First problem noticed is that copy and paste in gnumeric isn't
working.  I used to be able to use the arrow keys to navigate, ctrl-c
to copy and ctrl-v to paste.  The paste operation isn't presently
working.  I rebuilt gnumeric, but it hasn't helped.

'cause of the gnumeric problem, I restarted X.  It worked -- sort of.

My screen resolution has dropped from 1280x1024 to 1024x768, which is
not sufficient. I'm using a minimal xorg.conf -- no video and no
screen details. My ASUS mobo has ATI Radeon X1200 support on it --
rather low end but totally adequate for my needs.

A few weeks ago I encountered a similar resolution problem after
restarting X.  That was solved after discovering I had both
x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati and x11-drivers/ati-drivers installed.  I
removed ati-drivers and all was good (until this upgrade).

xrandr presently offers 1024x768 as maximum, which is the same as
Xorg.0.log indicates.

I have thoughts of downgrading to 1.5.3.  Any better suggestions?

Regards,

David

FWIW, I've attached the Xorg.0.log files for both 1.5.3 and 1.6.3