On 5 Oct 2009, at 23:52, daid kahl wrote:

I simply can't make any sense of them.
Your mailer also used HTML.
If you wish to make postings of this kind then I would be grateful if
you could place me on your ignore list, and not make such replies to my
messages.

Sorry.  This should be regular text now.

Not you. It was the top-posting when the thread was already so consistently bottom-posted that wound me up. And that wasn't you, but another poster. Unfortunately, the HTML made it difficult to correct this, which did piss me off further.

How do you find the serial, please? I'm guessing from `dmesg`?

Just a re-post on how to find the serial on a usb drive, where the USB
device in question is at node /dev/sdb :

# udevadm info -a -p $(udevadm info -q path -n /dev/sdb) | grep ATTRS {serial}

I'm really sorry. You said this before, and I didn't read it properly. Thanks for posting.

Stroller.