Hi group,

Emergency here. After my eee pc boots I log in and enter '#ifconfig
wlan0 up' as usual to take advantage of the free wifi at the coffee
shop. Then, just before I enter the next command, the kernel panics
and the console freezes. The top line of hexidecimal barf reads:

ath5k_tasklet_rx40x1fd/0539[ath5k]

and ends with:

Kernel panic -- not syncing: fatal exception in interrupt

I'm wracking my brains trying to figure out what I did or neglected to
do prior to this but am drawing a blank.

Running 2.6.29-r5. Never had this problem before. '$cat
/proc/acpi/net/wireless' indicates that wlan0 is configured.

Anybody have any ideas?

Maxim