Am Donnerstag, 15. Oktober 2009 schrieb Dale:
> Hi,
>
> I have KDE 4 installed as well and I think this is causing the problem
> but hope there is a fix for this little boo boo.  I have links to
> locations on my desktop so that I can click on them to get to places
> directly.  I have one for camera pics, another for movies and a few
> others.  I upgraded KDE 4 the other day and logged into it for a little
> while.  I'm now back in KDE 3.5 and my desktop links no longer work.
> When I click on them, it tries to open them with Dolphin and even asks
> for a password.  The permissions are correct.  Owner is dale and group
> is users.  I should also add that if I type in the password, user or
> root, it does nothing at all.  It just sits there.

Sometimes my settings in KDE3 are screwed after a KDE4 session. I assume that
happens when I open a KDE3 app in KDE4. Then then environment isn't properly
configured somewhere. It then helps to run kbuildsycoca, log out and log in
again.
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
How are things in the collective?" - "Perfect."