On Monday 19 October 2009 22:18:39 Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> I'd still like to know what exactly changed and if 75 or 96 is the
> "correct" value. Nevertheless, I have Xorg server 1.6 running and it
> looks fine.

I'd like to know exactly what the "dpi" setting is.

One thing it isn't, is the "dots per inch" of the display device. Or if it is,
it gets ignored/misinterpretated/abused by enough apps out there to make no
sense based on what I see on-screen.

The more I look into this, the more convinced I become that it is little more
than a "scaling factor hint" that apps are free to ignore (and often do)

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com