On Fri, 2009-10-30 at 20:50 +0800, Xi Shen wrote:
> hi,
>
> i am using gentoo x64. i want to try xen, but my file system is ext4,
> and i cannot fine ext4 support while compiling xen-source. have i
> missed something, or ext4 is not supported by xen for now? when will
> it be available?

You've by now noticed that the xen-sources kernel is *very* old. It's a
patched version of 2.6.18.  ext4dev didn't come around until 2.6.19, and
ext4 proper until 2.6.28.

When will it be available?  That's probably a question to ask Citrix.
It's basically in their hands to release a (supported) Xen kernel that's
based on a more modern Linux kernel or at least get Xen dom0 in good
enough shape that it will be accepted into the mainline kernel (though
I'm not holding my breath).

-a