Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com> writes:

> Nikos is being kind to the document writers :-)

Thanks for saving me from the Dunce cap...hehe.

But I might yet acquire full rights to it..

So, is the symlink not really necessary?  Doe something look at
/usr/src/linux for files?

For example, if you cd 'ed into the sources top dir.  And started
`make' (after the makeconfig step), would it matter if there was a
symlink or not?

(In the instant case I did create the symlink looking at newest
sources, so all is well I hope... have yet to boot the creation.
Waiting on some emerging left in emerge -vuD system)