Harry Putnam wrote:

> I think you can say make `oldconfig' and the `old config' is supposed to
> be incorporated so no I didn't

The 'oldconfig' option needs your old .config for input (that where
"old" comes from :-)

I usually manually go through the 'make menuconfig' as well after doing
this to see if there's anything I want to change, new options that may
be useful or read up on (help text for the various options usually give
you a nice hint)...

> Do you know where the man pages or docs for that stuff is .. its not in
> `man make'

Make is a general build tool and not specific to the kernel. The option
'oldconfig' and friends are defined in the Makefile in the /linux
directory...

Best regards

Peter K