Mark Knecht <markkne...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 12:55 PM, Mark Knecht <markkne...@gmail.com> wrote:
> <SNIP>
> >
> > The *.inf files look fairly consistent from song to song:
> >

> Actually, Track 6 looks strange:

> > Tracknumber=    6
>
> > Index=          0 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 29076
> > Index0=         33231

this cannot work!

cdda2wav uses a binary interval search algorithm that usually works correctly.

It seems that the drive used for reading has reead and/or seek problems.
remove the list of -1's and make sure that

A song tape starts with 2m red tape folowed by magnetic tape followed by 2
seconds of white tape.

If you mount a disk, you cut off the red tape and glue the magnetic tape
behind the 2s white tape of the previous track.

A song starts with Index1, Index0 is somewhere to the end of the tack and is
a logical part of the current track although it carries the next rack number.
A RedBook and Reichsrundfunggesellschaft ;-) compliant track uses Index0 that
is equal to tracksize -150 (2 seconds).

Opera disks contain further indices as index into the libretto. In this case,
you have index numbers > 1.

Cdda2wav is the only DAE program that is compliant to the standard and therefore
it is the only known program where you may rearrange the order of tracks
without the need to edit the audio channel data.

In case you do not have an opera disk from Deutsche Grammophon, it is most
unlikely that you have a index list.

Cdda2wav should never write negative numbers to the index list. As you did not
send the cdda2wav output, I cannot comment the reason.

Jörg

--
 EMail:jo...@schily.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
       j...@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)