This morning I woke up to amarok-2.2.0 requiring mysql.  No matter what USE
flags I tried (-mysql, -semantic-desktop, -embedded, minimal) the darn thing
wants mysql.  The strange thing is that even when I specify -embedded +minimal
I get this:

# USE="-embedded minimal" emerge -upDv amarok

Calculating dependencies... done!

emerge: there are no ebuilds built with USE flags to satisfy ">=dev-
db/mysql-5.0.76-r1[embedded,-minimal]".
!!! One of the following packages is required to complete your request:
- dev-db/mysql-5.0.84-r1 (Change USE: +embedded -minimal)
(dependency required by "media-sound/amarok-2.2.0" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "amarok" [argument])

I don't udnerstand, are my USE choices ignored?

On this old and small laptop I do not want to install mysql.  I am already
cursing Akonadi for starting up every time I fire up Kmail (despite having all
the right flags according to advice from this list).  Is there anything I can
do now to keep my laptop slim and free from mysql?
--
Regards,
Mick