2009/11/10 Arnau Bria <ar...@emergetux.net>:
> my first update attempt after syncing...
>
> # emerge -uDvpt world
>
> !!! Your current profile is deprecated and not supported anymore.
> !!! Please upgrade to the following profile if possible:
>        default/linux/x86/10.0/desktop
>
> To upgrade do the following steps:
> # Check 'eselect profile list'.
> # Find the number that corresponds with the default/linux/x86/10.0 profile.
> # Use 'eselect profile set <number>' to set a new /etc/make.profile symlink.
> #
> # Reference: http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-upgrading.xml
> # See: "General instructions" in Section 3. "Profile updating instructions"
>
> --------------------
>
> # eselect profile list
> Available profile symlink targets:
>  [1]   default/linux/x86/10.0 *
>  [2]   default/linux/x86/10.0/desktop
>  [3]   default/linux/x86/10.0/developer
>  [4]   default/linux/x86/10.0/server
>  [5]   hardened/linux/x86/10.0
>  [6]   selinux/2007.0/x86
>  [7]   selinux/2007.0/x86/hardened
>  [8]   selinux/v2refpolicy/x86
>  [9]   selinux/v2refpolicy/x86/desktop
>  [10]  selinux/v2refpolicy/x86/developer
>  [11]  selinux/v2refpolicy/x86/hardened
>  [12]  selinux/v2refpolicy/x86/server
>
> I ws on 2 and now at 1.
>
>> Maybe I am misreading something here.
> Maybe I've not expressed my problem propertly :-(

Do you remember which profile you have used before. I am asking
because maybe it was the 2007 or 2008 profile which was depreciated
and portage somehow switched to the 10.0 profile but not the desktop
profile you had before. This caused some confusion when looking at
"eselect profiles list", as it lead to the impression the 10.0 profile
got depreciated which is not the case. Try setting your profile to the
10.0/desktop profile and then again try to update world.

--
Daniel Pielmeier