On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 18:19 -0500, Philip Webb wrote:
> 091111 Iain Buchanan wrote:
> > On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 16:31 -0500, Philip Webb wrote:
> >> Since upgrading to Xorg-x11-7.4-r1 , Xterm & Xpdf are very slow to open:
> >> Xterm takes  c 6 sec  to start & Xpdf also has a noticeable delay.
> > routes ?
>
> Could you expand a little ... (smile) ?

only thinking down the localhost trail again - make sure 127 is routed
through lo.

other than that the disk / cpu does nothing?  Run lsmod and see if the
nvidia driver is actually being used? (I have 48 in the used-by column).
Is the general refresh rate and glx type apps ok?

I don't think you need to rebuild nvidia, but did you anyway?  You've
probably answered most of these yourself already, but it doesn't hurt to
check...

Time flies like an arrow.  Fruit flies like a banana.