Am Dienstag 10 November 2009 09:00:12 schrieb Volker Armin Hemmann:
> On Dienstag 10 November 2009, Alexander Puchmayr wrote:
> > Hi there!
> >
> > I'm just trying to get an windows-application  running, and I fail to
> > configure the dvd drive properly.
> >
> > The problem: In winecfg 's drive-tab there is a setting "cdrom", but it
> > demands a path where the dvd/cd is mounted. But this path is dynamic
> > (/media/$NAMEOFDVD).
> >
> > Greetings
> >     Alex
>
> fstab, create entry for dvd, mount dvd, you are done.

I created the fstab entry (with filesystem=auto, flags=user,ro,noauto), the
user can mount the drive, access the content and unmount the drive again. But
this has to be entered on the console, which is absolutely unusable for users
who don't have any clue what a console is :-(

There must be some way to make wine doing all this so that the cd/dvd is
automatically visible just like under native windows or KDE.

Greetings
    Alex