On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 20:54:13 -0800
Michael Higgins <li...@evolone.org> wrote:

> So then, what's the *best way* to (re-) set my current user to get the
> goodness of a brand new gnome profile, but none of the hassle of
> reconfiguring all my apps? ;-)
>
> I see moving my /home folder to something else, deleting me, adding me
> back, with new /home and my groups... then moving a few very
> configured apps .configs over, but I thought there *might* be a sure
> way that would be easier...

Of course, I couldn't wait. User is all set and I'm obviously no linux
sysadmin... or whatever.

Problem with slowness using gnome-shell was caused by user being in the
'video' group. Hmm. Not entirely needed, I guess. Can't say what's up
with that.

Anyway, I might stick with this, be ahead of the curve, or suffer
needlessly, for a bit. Nice to know I worked on documenting a fix for
vertical gnome-panels, but may not need it now...

Sorry for the noise.

Cheers,

-- Michael Higgins