> I keep having a problem where the OS becomes inaccessable after
> running in X for a while.  I haven't noticed a time pattern yet but it
> doesn't take long sometimes.

> I see no problem when starting X and I see nothing in
> /var/log/messages that gives a clue about what is happening.
>
> I'm running fairly up to date Desktop profile on kernel:
>
> I'm not sure how to track down the problem since I'm not seeing any
> give away clues in /var/log/messages
>
> So far, once the lockup has happened it appears there is no way in
> other than the reboot switch.

Can you read through the recent thread titled " ~amd64 : X11 (?)
crashing"?  Myself and others post many trouble-shooting ideas for
buggy X operation.

It could be any number of things, but I think at least 4-5 different
suggestions were posted.  That'd be a good place to start.  If all
that's tried, then let us know and we can consider other options.

On that thread, and maybe another, there is discussion about FF and
youtube.  I found I had to recompile FF after updating the kernel for
audioout on flash, since there must have been some changes to ALSA.

Regards,
daid