> I ran into a similar problem a good while back where only one sound would
> play at a time, it was annoying as heck.  If I changed desktops, was playing
> a CD or even just left a tab open with some sound thingy playing, I couldn't
> hear anything else.  I couldn't hear Kopete if someone was trying to get me
> on messenger, couldn't hear the little bell when I got a new email or
> anything.

Oddly, since I updated my kernel the last few weeks, youtube and
flash-like things are whiny.  At worst I have to restart firefox
and/or alsa.  I'm pretty sure it's a simple fix, but, it's slightly
irritating.

> To say that a person only needs to hear one sound at a time is like telling
> someone to close one eye.

Hey man, you're display's only 2D.  What do you need that second eye for anyway?

Regards,
daid