Hi guys n gals

I use FAT32 on my external HDDs to make it easier to share with other people
and OSes. Never had a problem before, but now I do. Lately, when I save
videos to my disks, and play them back after the file system cache is
emptied, they have completely different content (of files that are long
deleted).

I just had the magnificent idea to look into the syslog and found loads of
"kernel: bio too big device sdb (248 > 240)"

I heard romours of problems with the current FAT implementation due to M$. I
went back to 2.6.30 for the moment. So what’s your proposal? Usually I don’t
have the need for übercurrent kernels, but would installing 2.6.32 help?

TIA
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
LCARS - Linux Can Also Run Starships