On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 10:36:41 +0000, Alan Mackenzie wrote:

> The machine I was installing on was a laptop with no available desk top
> to place it on.  Therefore I decided to get SSH up and running as early
> as possible so as to do the bulk of the installation from my nice comfy
> desktop, monitor and keyboard.  Starting sshd from inside the chrooted
> system was obviously the Right Thing.

Surely starting sshd from the live environment is The Right Thing if you
want to get SSH running as soon as possible? That's how I've always done
it.

--
Neil Bothwick

Some people are born mediocre, some people achieve mediocrity, and some
people have mediocrity thrust upon them.  - Joseph Heller, "Catch-22"