On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 11:18:56 +0000, Mick wrote:

> > The DE/WM to use is specified by whatever display manager you use.
> > Setting it in a global configuration file is pointless on a multi-user
> > system.

> So, where would you specify which DE/WM session the xdm Display
> Manager will load up for a specific user in a Gentoo set up?
> (assuming that there is such a thing as a Gentoo default way of doing
> this).

I used xdm once, that was more than enough. gdm and kdm both have options
to do this, as did the one whose name I cannot remember that I tried
once. Alternatively, you can use the XSESSION environment variable or use
the standard .xinitrc/.xsession way of doing things. I'd either do that
latter or use a more flexible display manager, I find xdm horrible.

--
Neil Bothwick

Why is it that when you transport something by car it's called shipment,
but when you transport it by ship it's called cargo?