On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 06:04:37PM +0100, Penguin Lover Alex Schuster squawked:
> Willie Wong writes:
> > On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 10:53:21AM -0500, Penguin Lover Marcus Wanner
> > squawked:
> > > I tried to mount a floppy disk in my ~x86 gentoo system, but the
> > > /dev/fd0 device is not there. In other words, I can't find the block
> > > device corresponding to my floppy drive. Where is it and what am I
> > > doing wrong?
> >
> > You are using udev, I assume? Did you compile the IDE floppy support
> > into your kernel?
>
> It's not IDE (IDE/ATAPI floppy support is for things like LS-120 drives),
> but CONFIG_BLK_DEV_FD, found in Device Drivers -> Block devices -> Normal
> floppy disk support. If it's compiled as a module, maybe you just need to
> modprobe floppy?

My mistake. It's been a while since I built a kernel with floppy
support.

You should approach relationships like chess. And preferably as Deep Blue plays
it, or at least as Kasparov.
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 1105 days, 18:51