On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 09:03:19 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:

> > Create an local overlay. Put the ebuild in there.
>
> I'd also rename the ebuild to something like
>
> my-nvidia-drivers
>
> That way it becomes a completely new app from portage's point of view
> and therefore not subject to updated nvidia-drivers in portage which
> you might forget to mask

That's a good idea, but it will require some editing of the ebuild as
portage uses the name of the ebuild file to determine things like the
download URL and where it is unpacked. As the version is not going to
change again, you could replace the $P* references in the ebuild with
hard-coded names.

Overall, learning to use package.mask properly may be easier :)

--
Neil Bothwick

OPERATOR ERROR: Nyah, Nyah, Nyah, Nyah, Nyah!