On 12/21/2009 08:48 AM, Christian Könitzer wrote:
Hi list,

I'm using a quite old NVIDIA card aqnd it worked well but since a few days it
seams to be deprecated. After a eix --sync I got this:
emerge -DuN world
Calculating dependencies... done!

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "<x11-base/xorg-server-1.4.99".
(dependency required by "x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-71.86.11" [installed])

Hm.  I used that driver until very recently, when my brother-in-law
upgraded his video card and gave the old one for free.  His timing
is not usually that good.  :o)

You can still use the nv driver, if that's adequate for your needs.

If the nv driver isn't good enough, then I'd say it's time upgrade your
video card after all these years.  I never really noticed any difference
between the nvidia and nv drivers when I still used the old TNT card.