On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 12:27:47PM -0500, Penguin Lover Willie Wong squawked:
> Hi, brand new system I am trying to install.
>
> emerge gets to xorg-server-1.7.3.901-r1 and dies with the message that
> the config script cannot find package gl. And it is true, if I issue
>
> pkg-config --libs gl
>
> I get, instead of the expected -IGL
>
> Package gl was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gl.pc'
> No package 'gl' found
>
> Any hints to what package I may be missing, and/or what directory it
> should be in?

Oops, I just remembered that I can just look on my other gentoo server
to find where gl is.... and this brings up a new problem!

gl.pc is located in /usr/lib/pkgconfig/gl.pc
equery belongs tells me that it belongs to mesa.

BUT, xorg-server-1.7.3.901-r1 has mesa as a PDEPEND, and mesa-7.7 has
xorg-server as a RDEPEND, which is included in DEPEND, so how the heck
am I supposed to get X working on my laptop?

It is said that papers in string theory are published at a rate
greater than the speed of light. This, however, is not problematic
since no information is being transmitted.
    ~Prof. Dr. phil. habil. Hagen Michael Kleinert
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 1115 days, 16:21