walt ha scritto:
> On 01/02/2010 09:52 AM, bn wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I upgraded recently my Macbook Pro to gentoo-sources 2.6.31 and I have
>> annoying network hiccups which I didn't have with the old 2.6.24.
>
> By that you mean the chip works, but prints error messages that you
> didn't see before?

Ehm, no, it disconnects randomly every about ~5 minutes, and then comes
back.

> Looking at the kernel commit logs for the sky2 driver, I see hundreds
> of changes since 2.6.24, so this driver is very actively developed.
> I would try building a vanilla kernel somewhere between 6.24 and 6.31
> and see if it makes any difference.

Well, yes, this "brute force" approach could theoretically help, but if
there's any chance of narrowing down this I'd be happy. I don't exactly
have the time to recompile 7 kernel versions and try until I find the
golden one.

thanks,
m.