On Sunday 10 January 2010 12:00:40 Adam wrote:
> > The MP3 files probably have ID3 tags containing artist, album and title
> > information, so it should be possible to use a script to rename them
> > (Goggle will most likely turn up a few options).
>
> Looks like audiotag can do that

Hm. Its website says it's for ID3/Ogg files, whatever ID3 is. I'd have a go
anyway, but the disk with all the data has been taken home again. I don't
have my own copy because the only space I have for it is on the machine that
can't see the disk :-(

Thanks anyway - what a lot of helpful people live here!

--
Rgds
Peter.