On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 23:39:46 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:

> > Don't tell my motherboard that or it will refuse to update next time
> > unless I run some program or other.
>
> So without a program to do flash updates (or at least some code
> somewhere that might not be in .exe or ELF format) how does your
> motherboard do flash updates?

There's code somewhere of course, but no program to run. I just put the
update file on a USB stick and hold down a key while booting. The code
runs direct from the motherboard, there's no operating system
requirement, it's a very civilized system.

Yes, I plug the stick in too, but I hope you'd already worked that bit
out :)

--
Neil Bothwick

The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody
appreciates how difficult it was.