Frank Steinmetzger writes:

> Am Freitag, 22. Januar 2010 schrieb Alex Schuster:

> > And: Do you know about a replacement which takes a bunch of audio
> > files and converts them info another format? I can do this on the
> > command line, but transkode already has some presets for common
> > formats and was just easy to use, no need to find out all needed
> > options for lame etc.
>
> I've used SoundKonverter¹ for this task in the past. It is also not
> available as a KDE3 app anymore, but lives on in KDE4.

This looks good, and I see I already have it installed.

Alas, it does no work at all. The proceed button does nothing. Hm, when
starting it again, it suddenly works. But whatever audio file I select,
its file type is unknown to soundKonverter. The settings dialog shows no
backends at all. Well, maybe an older version than 1.0.0_alpha1 works, I
will give this a try.

Thanks,

        Wonko