On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 16:56:12 -0200, luis jure wrote:

> >ATTRS{idVendor}=="1410", ATTRS{idProduct}=="5010",
> >ACTION=="add",RUN+="/usr/bin/eject %k"
> >
> >was the line I used to prevent one such modem showing up as a CD.
>
> thanks for your answer, but i take it that this only hides the
> partition? any ideas how i can effectively delete it?

You can't if it is in the drive's firmware. It's not a physical partition
if repartitioning the drive doesn't touch it. "ejecting" the CD means it
is no longer present, that's why the device disappears.

--
Neil Bothwick

It is impossible to fully enjoy procrastination
unless one has plenty of work to do.