On 02/06/2010 10:05 PM, Konstantinos Bekiaris wrote:
...i upgrade my system through emerge -uDN world and then i run emerge
--depclean and revdep-rebuild. After that when i tried gcc/g++ i get:
gcc-config: error: could not run/locate 'gcc'. Additionally, i noticed that
there is a problem with python, because when i try to use vi i get:   vi: error
while loading shared libraries: libpython2.5.so.1.0: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory. If i try to emerge -uDN world, the upgrade
fails. Also, the
revdep-rebuild fails. I attached a log. Any ideas?

I'm guessing that depclean removed some packages that are still needed.

Do you have python-2.6.4 on your machine?  You should.  What about
gcc-config-1.4.1 and gcc-4.3.4?  vi is linked to an obsolete version
of python, so it needs to be re-emerged manually if revdep-rebuild
won't run properly.  I'm guessing that vi may not be the only package
that's linked against an obsolete python library, so python-updater
may be worth a try.