On Tue, 09 Feb 2010 17:45:20 +0100, Laurent Kappler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm tryin to emerge ImageMagick version 6.4.7.0 while current in
> portage is 6.5.7.

Go to http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-x86/ browse to the
package you want and select Show dead files. this gives all the obsoleted
ebuilds, pick the files you need and copy them to the
media-gfx/imagemagick directory in your overlay. Then add
">media-gfx/imagemagick-6.4.7.0" to /etc/portage.package.use. You'll need
to "ebuild /path/to/ebuild manifest" before you can emerge it.

Except that particular version is not there, so it was never in portage.
You can either make do with a close version or copy the nearest ebuild
and rename it to match the version you need.

--
Neil Bothwick

 ... We are Dyslexics of Borg. Your ass will be laminated.