Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
> On Sonntag 14 Februar 2010, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
>> Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
>>> so how do you propose that a network connection manager tells
>>> a broweser or mail app that they are offline?
>> use the filesystem ?
>>
>> guess what: I've got a filesystem (a tiny 9p server) which even
>> lets me control the network interfaces.
>>

>> cu
>
> great for you. And how portable is your little solution?

On the front side, very portable *and* network agnostic. You can
reach the server from practically anywhere (assuming fw allows it)
as long as you can access 9P fileservers (in theory it should also
be re-exportable through other network filesystems, even i didn
try it yet ;-o).

The backend side (the actual interface controll stuff) yet is
linux-specific, but it can be easily adapted to other platforms.

cu

 cellphone: +49 174 7066481   email: i...@metux.de   skype: nekrad666