On 2010-02-17, Peter Humphrey <pe...@humphrey.ukfsn.org> wrote:
> On Monday 15 February 2010 08:58:03 Neil Bothwick wrote:

> He was wrong, understandably. He should not have included all
> white men in that set. Outside USA we have no illusions of
> saving time by adjusting our clocks.

Let's be fair about it.  Here in the US, we don't have the
illusion of saving _time_.  We have the illusion of saving
_energy_.

And just think of all of the geeks it employs everytime
somebody in DC thinks it's a good idea to futz with the
settings.  I personally know of somebody who spent a couple
weeks developing, testing, committing, and pushing out a patch
for a commercial Unix whose name I won't mention.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! Is it NOUVELLE
                                  at               CUISINE when 3 olives are