I performed a bit of an update on my laptop a day or two ago, and after
reboot, I lost the ability to do anything with /dev/hda*. I currently have 0
swap space, and according to stat, ls etc, they don't exist. But, booting to
an install CD I burned for diagnostic purposes, it sees them just fine.
Also, and this is the strange part. It boots no problem, so the OS is able
to mount at least /dev/hda3, even though from the command line I'm not
seeing it. I'm probably missing something completely dead obvious (it's
after midnight here and all), and Google's turning up nothing, so if someone
could kindly slap me in the face with it, that'd be appreciated. Thanks
either way for whatever help comes my way.