On 19 February 2010 10:44, Allan Gottlieb <gottl...@nyu.edu> wrote:
> When I run
>  emerge --ignore-default-opts --pretend --deep --tree --verbose --update
> --with-bdeps=y world
>
> I get (after a DeprecationWarning about portage.dep.dep_getkey() that I
> believe I can ignore)
>
> Total: 0 packages, Size of downloads: 0 kB
>
> !!! The following update has been skipped due to unsatisfied dependencies:
>
> virtual/jdk:1.5
>
> !!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "=dev-java/sun-jdk-1.5.0*" have been
> masked.
> !!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your request:
> - dev-java/sun-jdk-1.5.0.22 (masked by: dlj-1.1 license(s))
> A copy of the 'dlj-1.1' license is located at '/usr/portage/licenses/dlj-1.1'.
>
> (dependency required by "virtual/jdk-1.5.0" [ebuild])

> But I don't see why virtual/jdk-1.5.0 is being referenced (it is not
> installed)
>
> I have icedtea6-bin installed and set as my system and user vm.
>
> I do not get the error when I don't have --with-bdeps=y so it must be
> some build dependency.  But how do I find which one?
>
> # emerge --pretend --verbose --with-bdeps=y --depclean virtual/jdk:1.5
>
> # emerge --pretend --verbose --with-bdeps=y --depclean =virtual/jdk-1.5.0
>
> # eix virtual/jdk
> [I] virtual/jdk
>     Available versions:
>        (1.4)   [M]1.4.1 [M]1.4.2
>        (1.5)   1.5.0
>        (1.6)   1.6.0
>     Installed versions:  1.6.0(1.6)(23:21:11 04/21/09)
>
> thanks,
> allan

I'm not java expert, but some programs want specific virtual
environments (deprecated code mostly I'd guess).

To not answer your question, throw the following into make.conf and
you will circumvent the block (provided you are cool to accept the
license):

ACCEPT_LICENSE="dlj-1.1"

As far as which package from the dependency tree, then I'm guessing
you can use equery depgraph and try to grep the results for the
virtual/jdk-1.5.0

I'm crap at narrowing the outputs of depgraph, but I haven't had many
cases where I needed to do this.  If I'm depcleaning and updating the
world on -uND I trust portage that it needs the things it says.

~daid