On 26 February 2010 05:01, Joseph <syscon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 02/25/10 16:18, daid kahl wrote:
>>
>> On 25 February 2010 15:19, Joseph <syscon...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I just switched one of my machine to KDE4.3 and when I try to print "pdf"
>>> document it prints it sideways.
>>> I've tried Okurla and xpdf same effect.
>>>
>>> The "pdf" shows correctly on the screen and prints correctly from kde-3.5
>>> Is it a bug or I need to make a correction/adjustment somewhere?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Joseph
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I had a very similar problem to this in kde3.5 (I am not using kde4).
>> I don't seem to have kept a written record, and I don't have direct
>> access to a kde machine, but please test this idea.  It is very
>> strange.
>>
>> Open kedit, and go under the printing preferences and find something
>> like "print layout" which gives you a landscape or portrait.  Toggle
>> this to whichever one it is not.  Try printing again.
>>
>> This is very quaint, and the part that bothered me the most about it
>> was that, according to my tests and memory:
>> 1) this controls printing style for all users (including root)
>> 2) this controls printing style outside of kde
>>
>> See if this can help you.
>>
>> Regards,
>> daid
>
> You might be correct.
> When I print a document from my folder it printed correctly, but when my
> daughter logged in it is printing sideways. KDE4 does not have any printer
> setting, or does it?  I was able to find link to cups but nothing specific
> to kde4 printers.
>
> --
> Joseph

Couldn't say much about kde4, but it should have kedit anyway.  It
would be a strange downgrade from 3.5, since I have to say, the kde
printing manager I found much better than gnome-cups-manager.
gnome-cups-manager never sees anything useful printers on networks
when I tried it, but kde print manager (whatever it's called) could
find lots of stuff.

But if the two users are getting different behavior, that's not
consistent with what I tried.

I'm sure kedit was accessing something else, but in any case, it's a
simple test case none-the-less.

~daid