Am Dienstag 23 Februar 2010 schrieb Nikos Chantziaras:
> On 02/23/2010 01:39 PM, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> >>
> >> Why are you passing the mail through a conversion gateway only to read
> >> it in a mail client? Wouldn't subscribing directly be even more simple?
> >
> > No, because then I would get all the mail in my inbox and I would be the
> > one responsible for filtering it; a total waste on bandwidth and my
> > time. GMane does that for me instead.
>
> Just to make my point more clear:
>
>    http://i50.tinypic.com/15ow2g8.png

OT: It occured to me that many, including you, have this awfully fuzzy font
rendering. Aren’t you bothered by that? (Assuming you’re on a TFT). When I
look at your image, my view starts floating on a plane in front of the screen.

See http://i47.tinypic.com/1zxsbok.png

As you can see, I’m also using a mail client for those lists. At the
beginning, I used my Uni’s news server, but at some point, I couldn’t post to
this list anymore through NNTP. So I had to switch to mail interface.

But even though local archiving works better with mails (articles are gone
from the news server after a short while), I’d prefer the NNTP way though,
it’s easier to view the list filtered (e.g. no ignored threads).
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla' - http://www.stud.tu-ilmenau.de/~frst-ii/ - EDOB
Nicht von Staat und Konzernen ausschnüffeln lassen, E-Mails verschlüsseln!

Die USA haben den Weg von der Barbarei zur Dekadenz
ohne den Umweg über die Kultur gewählt.