On 02/26/2010 06:10 PM, BRM wrote:
[...]
From: Alex Schuster<wo...@wonkology.org>
That's the only issue. My only concern is software (e.g. KDevelop) that
may not have been updated to KDE4 yet. (Not a fan of KDevelop3;
waiting to see how KDevelop4 is going to shape up.)
The KDE4 version is in the kde overlay, but I do not know if it is usable
already.

For now, I'll wait. I mostly use vim; and having done a lot of Windows stuff
for work I am familiar with VS.
While there are a lot of things I don't like about VS, nothing else seems to
quite compare.
KDevelop3 at least drove me nuts; and Eclipse just doesn't do well when you're
not programming in Java - I have yet to get CDT to work, though I've mostly
tried on Windows.
QtCreator seems to be on the right track, though it's still quite early.

I'm interested to see how KDevelop4 is going to turn out, but I'll certainly
wait for it to reach the mainline tree.

The KDevelop 4 is actually in Portage (dev-util/kdevelop:4), not only in the kde overlay.

I have both Kdev4 and Qt Creator installed. I ended up going with Creator, but I'm still keeping an eye on Kdev4.