I used to think that eix did that.

After eixing back and forth for some non-existent
app-office/{kugar,koshell,kexi} (wouldn't show up on my eixes) that
was holding back my --depcleans of kdelibs:3.5 and
koffice-{libs,data}:3.5, then doubling back on the manual page, I
discovered it didn't :D

Is there an option or filter I could pass to qlist to find out which
packages are installed but not in the portage tree(s)? The qlist -ICv
suggestion from the eix man page only shows all installed packages. My
goal is to either remove them or put them in the local overlay.
--
This email is:    [ ] actionable   [ ] fyi        [ ] social
Response needed:  [ ] yes          [x] up to you  [ ] no