On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 01:07:21 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:

> Don't read my post as literally meaning they must type the 7 characters
> "sudo su". Read it more as "use any feature of sudo you feel like to
> get a root shell, but you must use sudo. As opposed to using su alone".

The problem with this in your situation is that you only get a log entry
when the user switches to root, not for whatever they do in that root
shell, whereas having them run each command with sudo logs every action
they take as root. Or do you have a way of auditing the commands run from
the root shell?

--
Neil Bothwick

Press button to test: release to detonate.