Daniel Wagener wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 07:29:09 -0500
> dhk <dhk...@optonline.net> wrote:
>
>> I don't use sound very often, but recently I noticed when I play news
>> videos in Firefox there isn't any sound coming through the headphones.
>> It's an Intel 32bit box with xfce4.  I don't have speakers hooked up
>> just headphones and it use to work a few months ago.  I suspect it
>> stopped working after an upgrade.  Is this something to do with xfce4,
>> Firefox, or something else?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> dhk
>
> Already checked mixer/volume settings?

I don't see a mixer/volume in the menu, but I do have
xfce-extra/xfce4-volumed and gnome-base/gnome-volume-manager installed.
 Is there suppose to be a mixer?  I would think so, but I thought xfce4
may work differently.  Is there a mixer/volume I need to emerge?  Maybe
it got uninstalled.

Thanks,
dhk