On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 01:00:21 +0000, David W Noon wrote:

> >As do the log files in $PORT_LOGDIR, they contain exactly the same
> >output you would see in the terminal.
>
> Not quite.  The sequence in which the ebuilds were run is lost when the
> discrete logs are your only source of tracing through, although one
> could attempt to reconstruct it using the timestamps in the file names
> of the ebuild logs.

genlop -l gives you that, in a more useful format.

> They also do not contain the results of the "pretend
> depclean" that occurs at the end of an emerge job.

Do you means the autoclean? That never picks up anything here. I think it
only will if you have an unclean system.

>Moreover, they do
> not contain the report of the number of configuration files that need
> updating by.
> cfg-update (or the like).

You can get that at the end of any emerge command.

Parsing all that information in one large email without missing anything
important sounds like a nightmare. I prefer each warning in a separate
mail that I can mark as read when I have dealt with that particular
issue, but each to their own.

--
Neil Bothwick

I used to live in the real world, but I got evicted.