On 19/03/10 20:38, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> Occasionally, and apparently triggered
> randomly[1], all existing ssh sessions freeze and never come back (even after
> several hours). The connections are still up and do not die on the remote
> end.
> Mail connections stay up and the browser tabs continue to work as well[2].

It's probably totally unrelated but I have just been having problems
with one of
my servers since the openssh update a few days ago. SSH sessions were dieing
after a few minutes even when I was actively using them. I tried
everything I
could think of but couldn't trace the problem. In the end, emerge -C openssh
followed by emerge openssh cured it. <shrugs>

Be lucky,

Neil
http://www.neiljw.com

believed to be clean.