Hi,

I have an Intel 3945 wireless adaptor in my laptop.  I have always used
the ipw3945 driver in gentoo because I have never had any luck with the
iwl3945 driver.

I currently am running the 2.6.30-r10 linux kernel and previous to that
I ran 2.6.30-r6.  For the last 2 kernel builds that I have done, I have
been unable to build the ipw3945 driver because it is looking for TKIP
(and a couple of other security things, but I don't recall off the top
of my head).  The point is, I used to be able to select TKIP and the
other things in the kernel, but cannot find those things specifically in
the 2.6.30 range of kernels.

Tonight I, again, following the wiki, tried building the iwl3945 driver
into the kernel, but had no success.  I need to get wireless working
because I am changing isp's and will not longer be using an ethernet
connection, but a dsl one.

I don't know if it matters, but I am using wireless-extensions as
opposed to wpa-supplicant because it doesn't seem that wpa-supplicant
supports the Intel 3945 wireless adaptor.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Colleen

--