On 03/25/2010 08:31 PM, Crístian Viana wrote:
I think --gen-suppressions may be a too "complicated" solution. valgrind
shouldn't find *any* warnings from the libraries of my system at all.
either valgrind is doing something wrong or there's really some errors
on glibc. in every other system I try, valgrind runs fine.

I rebuilt valgrind, but it didn't help.

I'm running amd64, by the way.

On AMD64 you *must* build glibc with splitdebug in FEATURES. And I think the very latest glibc versions also require splitdebug on x86 too. And after that you must probably rebuild valgrind again :P

After you've built glibc with splitdebug, there should be no more warnings in valgrind.