Hi all,

Trying to track down Prof Hansen, I accidentally discovered that he is
speaking at a conference tomorrow.  Is anybody going to the conference, or
do you know anybody?  I'd like to check he's received my email, and is going
to reply!

Will Prof Hansen mention geoengineering (namely carbon stock management) as
a "top strategy" for reducing atmospheric carbon dioxide?  Will he mention
what reducing carbon dioxide will NOT do - such as saving Arctic sea ice,
for which we need a different kind of geoengineering (namely solar radiation
management)?

Re conference details, this is from "The Switch" - ANPED's newsletter:

----
Upcoming Events - May 2009

2 May 2009, Columbia University, New York City, United States

350 Climate Conference. This event will bring together significant figures
from within the climate debate including keynote speaker Dr. James Hansen,
Director of NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies. The conference will
critically examine the question of "What is the safe upper limit of
atmospheric carbon dioxide?" as well as explore the top strategies for
reducing atmospheric carbon dioxide.

http://www.350conference.org

----

Cheers from Chiswick,